DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Please read my Disclosure Policy for more information.
This series of lesson plans are intended to supplement and build upon the knowledge learned during TweedleWink classes. They can also be used as a homeschool curriculum. You can find links to the other lessons here:
Henri Émile Benoît Matisse was a French artist, known for both his use of colour and his fluid and original draughtsmanship. He was a draughtsman, printmaker, and sculptor, but is known primarily as a painter.Wikipedia
- Colouring: Matisse Colouring Page
Science: Crystal Structures
Crystals are solid objects with symmetrically arranged flat surfaces that meet in straight lines and sharp corners. Some examples of crystals include Diamonds, snowflakes, and rock salt.Britannica Kids
Take out your world map and place a pin or sticker on Japan. Then hop on your magic carpet and take a ride to Japan!
People and Places
Easy Japanese recipes for kids:
Fun Japanese crafts for kids:
Vocabulary: Cooking Tools, Fruit
- Visit the market and introduce the different varieties of fruit to your child.
- Purchase a variety of fruits and make a fruit salad or fruit kebabs. Show your child the fruit whole, peeled, and cut. Let your child smell the fruits, then taste them.
- Older kids can practice cutting fruit with a safety knife set. Younger kids can practice cutting toy fruits to develop motor skills.
Flashcards: Cooking Tools
- Take your child on a tour of your kitchen as introduce the different cooking tools you have.
- Have an active demonstration of how some tools are used. Encourage your child to try using them, perhaps while preparing a recipe. This lovely Apple Pie recipe from Sugar, Spice and Glitter will be a great way to introduce a whole host of cooking tools to your child.
- Match the cooking tool to the word card game – download the printable sheet.
- If you have a piano, learn to play Tchaikovsky with the Piano Maestro App:
- Waltz of the Flowers (from The Nutcracker)
- Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy
- Swan Lake
- More music from Tchaikovsky for listening:
- Right Brain Kids: Foundations of Genius
- Right Brain Kids: TweedleWink Program
- Right Brain Kids: Wink Program
- More TweedleWink Lessons for Home