DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Please read my Disclosure Policy for more information.
This series of lesson plans are intended to supplement and build upon the knowledge learned during TweedleWink classes. They can also be used as a homeschool curriculum. You can find links to the other lessons here:
Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni, known best as simply Michelangelo, was an Italian sculptor, painter, architect and poet of the High Renaissance born in the Republic of Florence, who exerted an unparalleled influence on the development of Western art.Wikipedia
- Video: Art with Mati and Dada – Michelangelo
- “Paint the Cistine Chapel” at home – using butcher’s paper taped to the underside of your dining table.
I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.Michelangelo
- Activity Sheets:
Science: Body Systems
- Human Body Activity Book for Kids: Hands-On Fun for Grades K-3
- The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body
- Inside Your Outside: All About the Human Body (Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library)
Take out your world map and place a pin or sticker on Egypt. Then hop on your magic carpet and take a ride to Egypt!
People and Places
- Arabic Alphabet:
- Arabic Numbers
Vocabulary: Sewing Tools, Vegetables
- Visit the market and introduce the different varieties of vegetables to your child.
- Purchase a variety of vegetables and make a salad. Show your child the vegetable whole and cut. Let your child smell the vegetables, then taste them.
Flashcards: Sewing Tools
- Take your child on a visit to an arts and crafts store like Spotlight. Point out the physical sewing tools shown in the flashcards.
- Threading activity: Using a shoelace, encourage your child to thread large beads onto it.