DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Please read my Disclosure Policy for more information.
The 5 Minutes Suggestion is often referred to in Right Brain Education. Shichida mentions several examples on how this is done in his books but he does not explain much about the concepts. Sleep suggestions is not a new practice (see: Self-Mastery Through Conscious Autosuggestion). It is likely that Shichida’s inspiration came from one of these older methods.
The Goulding Process is another method of sleep suggestion. Understanding it can provide more enlightenment on the concepts behind the 5 Minute Suggestion.
What is Sleep Talk?
Sleep Talk is similar to the 5 Minute Suggestion. It is a form of auto-suggestion that helps to enhance our children’s self-esteem and develop emotional resilience. It is intended to help our children to reach their potentials and live more positive lives.
The Goulding Process:
- empowers parents to help their children to achieve self-confidence and inner strength.
- empowers parents to give their children positive suggestions to help with general and specific issues in their lives.
- is a safe, ethical and non-intrusive process suitable for any family and lasts for life.
- has been used for over 30 years.
- gives parents a second chance to undo the possible harms caused by unkind words they may have said to their children during a busy day.
If you want further guidance on applying the 5 Minute Suggestion, you should read about the Goulding Process. Although the method is slightly different, the philosophy for Sleep Talk is essentially the same.
More about Sleep Talk:
There is also another variation on the Sleep Talk concept written by Lois Haddad, Patricia Wilson, Judith Searle. The book is titled: “Sleep Talk: A Breakthrough Technique for Helping Your Children Cope with Stress and Thrive Through Difficult Transitions.” It is available on Amazon.