DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Please read my Disclosure Policy for more information.
The Silva Method came to my attention during my research into Right Brain Education when Makoto Shichida referenced his work in one of his books.
About the Silva Method
The origins of the Silva Method are interesting and you should read the second chapter of The Silva Mind Control Method if you are interested. In a nutshell, it all started when Jose Silva began using hypnosis on his children to help them improve their grades at school when he noticed they were performing poorly. The idea was to help his children quiet their minds through hypnosis so that they could better concentrate on their work. What he discovered was that instead of quietening the mind, the brain became more energetic – it was able to receive and store more information in this state. This got him interested to see whether it was possible to consciously achieve this state of mind and he started a series of mental training exercises with his children. The mental exercises called for relaxed concentration and vivid mental visualisations. This conscious state of mind improved memory and understanding, which was observed in his children’s sharp improvement of grades. When his neighbours saw his success with his children, they asked him to train their children as well.
In addition to improving his children’s grades, he discovered that his mental training program could help any individual achieve faster learning, greater creative ability, better health, deeper relationships, and more. Over the years, Jose’s further refined his mental training program where it eventually evolved into the Silva Method practiced today.
What the Silva Method Covers
These are some of the areas that is covered in a typical Silva course:
- How to meditate
- Dynamic meditation – reaching the alpha level
- Improving memory
- Speed learning
- Increasing creativity
- The power of words
- Mind-body healing
- ESP – effective sensory projection and intuition
- Higher purpose
Unlike the Right Brain Education Method which recommends beginning in infancy, the Silva Method is intended for older children and adults. If you are concerned about being too late to begin Right Brain Education with your child, the Silva Method can help you to develop your child’s potential.
The Silva Method help achieve greater clarity of thought, calm, and overall well-being. In this hectic, fast-paced world, that’s a good thing.
Silva Method Resources
There is a free starter kit available from The Silva Method website so you can get a taste for the program. If you like what you see, you can check out these other Silva resources:
1. Silva Books
- The Silva Mind Control Method
- The Silva Method: Tapping the Secrets of Your Mind for Total Self-mastery
- The Silva Method: Think and Grow Fit
- The Silva Mind Control Method for Getting Help from Your Other Side
- Silva Mind Control Method of Mental Dynamics
- You the Healer: The World-Famous Silva Method on How to Heal Yourself and Others
- Jose Silva’s Everyday ESP: Use Your Mental Powers to Succeed in Every Aspect of Your Life
2. Silva Audio
- The Silva Method: Home Study Course
- The Silva Method
- The Silva Method Mastery Course
- Silva Life System (The Silva Method)
- The Silva Method for Success and Self-Confidence
- The Silva Ultramind ESP System
- Right Brain Programs – Shichida, Heguru, Right Brain Kids
- The Glenn Doman Method
- BrillKids Little Reader
- Right Brain Kids: Foundations of Genius
- Quantum Speed Reading: The QSR Program
One thought on “The Silva Method”
Comments are closed.