Subhashini Shekaar

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Subhashini Shekaar
    Participant

      Hi Shen-Li,

      Many thanks for sorting everything out.

      I’ve been following and experimenting with both the methods. In the Shichida method, he has advised that we follow the sequence without shuffling the cards which is in contradiction to the Doman method, hence I was getting confused whether it’s ok to follow the Shichida method and then additionally introduce shuffling. What would you recommend?

      in reply to: BrillKids Software #22914
      Subhashini Shekaar
      Participant

        Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

        in reply to: Flashcard Images #22811
        Subhashini Shekaar
        Participant

          Hi Shenli,

          Many thanks for your prompt and helpful responses. Really appreciate it. I will check out the flash card decks that you have uploaded and eagerly await the Owl deck and other sets as well. Thanks once again.

          in reply to: Word cards #22719
          Subhashini Shekaar
          Participant

            Hi Shen-Li,

            Just a small correction in the last paragraph. The baby is not showing interest in WORD CARDS as compared to PICTURE CARDS.

            Subhashini Shekaar
            Participant

              Hi Shenlei ,
              Thank you for your response. I have a few more queries in the reading program:

              1. I am following your advice and I am flashing words followed by their respective picture cards but some times he doesn’t show interest and some times he looks at it. Any suggestions on how to pique his interest?
              2. Do I need to show the same set of word cards for the entire week and discard the entire set or should I remove one card from the set and add/combine it with a new card? Which method would you recommend that I follow?
              3. I am using hand written word cards in bold red font but I don’t know whether I’m specifically maintaining the font size as per doman. Just need your advice whether should I go for hand written ones or printed ones. Also I need your thoughts on one more thing — Is it ok if I keep on interchanging between both hand written and printed word cards?
              4. As I had mentioned earlier that my baby is 14 months old and I have recently started my journey, I don’t have a clear idea about the entire process. Could you please guide me as to what are the additional things that should be done along with Bits and word cards.

               

               

            Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)