DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Please read my Disclosure Policy for more information.
This series of lesson outlines are intended to supplement and build upon the knowledge learned during TweedleWink classes. They can also be used as a homeschool curriculum. You can find links to the other lessons here:
Origami – the art of folding paper – is best often associated with Japanese culture. Aside from being a fun activity to engage in, it is also a great way to help children develop their fine motor skills. These are some super easy projects to start with this series of easy Origami projects:
- Easy Origami – 32 simple projects with clearly illustrated and easy-to-follow instructions. Projects include: hat, cup, pinwheel, swan, lantern, cicada, pigeon, fox, rabbit, penguin, pelican, and piano.
Find Mexico on a world map and help your child mark it with a sticker or pin.
Learning About Mexico
- Mexican Geography
- Mexican Crafts and Activities
- Cinco de Mayo Wordsearch
- The Animated History of Mexico
Many different languages are spoken in Mexico, though Spanish is the most widespread. Teach your child 61 Common Spanish Phrases:
About Cinco de Mayo for Kids
Cinco de Mayo, or the fifth of May, is a holiday that celebrates the date of the Mexican army’s May 5, 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War.
- Cheese Quesadillas
Math – 1 to 10
Math Flashcards: 1 to 10
Word categories covered: colours, clothing, oceans and seas, and parts of the body.
- Flashcards: Colours
- Online game: Picnic – colour sorting game
- Online game: Fuzz Bugs – sorting
- Online activity: mixing colours
- Hands-on: try mixing colours with paints; e.g.
- Red + Blue = Purple
- Blue + Yellow = Green
- What other colours can you make?
- Flashcards: Clothes
- Online Games:
- Hands-on: Create a dress-up box filled with old clothes. Include a variety of clothing items for younger children to try on.
Oceans and Seas
- Flashcards: Oceans and Seas
- Learning: What’s the difference between an ocean and a sea?
- DK Findout: Oceans and Seas
- Video: 5 Oceans Song
Parts of the Body
- Flashcards: Parts of the Body
- Apps and Online Resources: The Human Body
- Online: Parts of the Body – Games and Songs
- Video: Human Body – Science for Kids
- Video: How Do Body Parts Work?
- Printables: How the Body Works – Kids Health
The Musical Note “C”:
- Piano Maestro – Chapter 1: Middle C (About Piano Maestro)
- Little Musician – complete music program for introducing the foundations of music to young children.
- Right Brain Kids: Foundations of Genius
- Right Brain Kids: TweedleWink Program
- Right Brain Kids: Wink Program
- More TweedleWink Lessons for Home