This series of lesson outlines are intended to supplement and build upon the knowledge learned during TweedleWink classes. They can also be used as a homeschool curriculum. You can find links to the other lessons here:
Origami – the art of folding paper – is best often associated with Japanese culture. Aside from being a fun activity to engage in, it is also a great way to help children develop their fine motor skills. These are some super easy projects to start with this series of easy Origami projects:
- Easy Origami – 32 simple projects with clearly illustrated and easy-to-follow instructions. Projects include: hat, cup, pinwheel, swan, lantern, cicada, pigeon, fox, rabbit, penguin, pelican, and piano.
Find Mexico on a world map and help your child mark it with a sticker or pin.
Learning About Mexico
- Mexican Geography
- Mexican Crafts and Activities
- Cinco de Mayo Wordsearch
- The Animated History of Mexico
Many different languages are spoken in Mexico, though Spanish is the most widespread. Teach your child 61 Common Spanish Phrases:
About Cinco de Mayo for Kids
Cinco de Mayo, or the fifth of May, is a holiday that celebrates the date of the Mexican army’s May 5, 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War.
- Cheese Quesadillas
Math – 1 to 10
Math Flashcards: 1 to 10
Word categories covered: colours, clothing, oceans and seas, and parts of the body.
- Flashcards: Colours
- Online game: Picnic – colour sorting game
- Online game: Fuzz Bugs – sorting
- Online activity: mixing colours
- Hands-on: try mixing colours with paints; e.g.
- Red + Blue = Purple
- Blue + Yellow = Green
- What other colours can you make?
- Flashcards: Clothes
- Online Games:
- Hands-on: Create a dress-up box filled with old clothes. Include a variety of clothing items for younger children to try on.
Oceans and Seas
- Flashcards: Oceans and Seas
- Learning: What’s the difference between an ocean and a sea?
- DK Findout: Oceans and Seas
- Video: 5 Oceans Song
Parts of the Body
- Flashcards: Parts of the Body
- Apps and Online Resources: The Human Body
- Online: Parts of the Body – Games and Songs
- Video: Human Body – Science for Kids
- Video: How Do Body Parts Work?
- Printables: How the Body Works – Kids Health
The Musical Note “C”:
- Piano Maestro – Chapter 1: Middle C (About Piano Maestro)
- Little Musician – complete music program for introducing the foundations of music to young children.